What can you do to support your child’s transition into school?
- Look at our virtual tour with your child (click here).
- Talk about all the things you can see together and answer any questions they may have.
- Reassure them that they will have plenty of time to find out about all the different rooms and places for themselves as soon as the school is open again.
- Talk to your child about how exciting it is that they will be starting school soon.
- Tell them about when you went to school and what your favourite things to do were.
- Explain that their teachers are very excited to meet them and that they are getting all the toys and resources ready for them to start.
- Develop their independence with things such as:
- getting themselves dressed
- using the toilet independently