At St Clement's and St John's Internet safety is very important to us.
We have active e-safety policies in place and we present internet safety lessons to all our classes.
Internet Safety Quick Tips:
- NEVER post personal information, such as a phone number, home number, address, or your location on any social networking sites/applications.
- NEVER meet in person with anyone you first “met” on the internet. If someone asks to meet you, tell your parents or guardian right away. People may not always be who they tell you they are.
- CHECK with your parents before you post pictures of yourself or others online.
- DON'T respond to mean or rude messages. You may need to delete friends who continuously bother you or post things that are not appropriate.
- NEVER share your password with anyone, including your best friend. The only people who should know your password are your parents or guardian.
- ALWAYS use the privacy settings of social networking sites.
- If anything makes you feel uncomfortable online, while gaming or when using your phone, talk with your parents or guardian right away.
Please find below a list of helpful links that you may find useful:
Our School Handout for online safety
What websites are your children using and what worries are there?
Parenting in a Digital World
A guide from 2Simple to support parents to keep pace with an ever changing computing world
This is an educational programme to teach parents and children to be safe online
CEOP is a place to report online concerns related to sexual abuse