Our aim as a school is for every child to become confident, creative, compassionate and curious learners and leaders who have a passion to live life to the full and change the world for the better.
We support the development and understanding of British Values in a range of ways throughout the year so that they are an integral part of school life.
Children understanding what the democratic process is and seeing it in action in their school community
• Democratically elected School Council with representatives from each class.
• School Council display board to include dates of meetings, who’s who, key roles & responsibilities.
• School Council to have their own Action Plan for the term they are in office.
• School Council feedback to their class after each council meeting.
• Each term, the previous school councillors hand over their tabards in a ceremony during worship time.
• Develop the links between Governors and School Council.
British Life and Values
What it means to be British; our community locally, nationally, globally
• One World Week (October 2014 & 2015) to focus on diversity in our school, Britain & the World.
• BBC Newsround watched & discussed each. Could be morning / learning journey/ class assembly time.
Rule of Law
Individual liberty, upholding the laws of the land
• PCSO deliver e-safety training.
• PCSO safer neighbourhood team could come to Year groups to start discussions on how to make our neighbourhood safer as part of SEAL programme.
Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
• All children explore and celebrate a wide range of world views through one world day activities.
• The RE curriculum is designed to allow children to learn about and learn from a wide range of faiths.